Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Headin For Atlanta

I forgot to mention on my Day 1 post............ I wore my Browns T-shirt on the road yesterday and
so many people stopped me to talk about the game. It was nice to hear positive things about our
Browns again. In fact, I think I'm going to ware this shirt for another week. My son tells me that
as long as I change my underwear every day, I can keep on the same t-shirt and jeans until they
start standing up on their own (my kids a class act).

I'm on the road again, headin for Atlanta, GA to hang out with my brother Greg. (The photo
of the road above isn't really the road I'm on, it's just a neat road shot).

I am finding out that when you decide to do an adventure like this, you have to stop thinking destination, and start thinking one day at a time. Some days you,ll do 400 miles and some days
you'll do 20 miles, but every day will be a new experience.

While driving south on I 75 just outside of Lexington, Kentucky I started seeing signs to
visit Berea, Kentucky a college town nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains.
On the edge of the Daniel Boone National Forest. If you are not in a hurry, you can spend a
day in the Berea, Kentucky area just taking in the sites.

I spent a couple of hours in Old Town Artist Village.

This is the Folk Arts and Crafts Capital of Kentucky and it is worth the stop with lots of shops and Artist Studios.

Here's Bob outside my favorite shop in Berea,I really was not going to stop here but Bob insisted. It's the Fudge Factory.


This is Mary the owner of the Old Town Candy Kitchen Fudge Factory. Now just in case my doctor (Dr. Kirsh) is reading this, I didn't buy any of this wonderful Pistachio Nut Fudge that
my new best friend Mary is holding, but I did have a sample and I can tell you, if you like
Pistachios, you'll love this fudge.






To work off that little sample of fudge, I walked
around Old Town and enjoyed the arts and the shops.





Before I make post this, I have to tell you about Sandy, who I met in the shop she owns, called
I LOVE MY STUFF CRAFT GALLERY. I walked into her shop wearing my Browns t-shirt.
You know, the one I've been wearing for three days now, and that's all she wanted to talk about
was the Browns. I really think I could have sold her my shirt.

Well, I am in Atlanta with my brother Gregory, but before I start the next blog post, I have to take time out to see the Ohio State Game.

So give me a day or two and I'll show you some photos of the Atlanta Skyline.





Love you all........

Gary Burnett Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment