Friday, November 26, 2010

TEXAS, NOT HOW I REMEMBERED IT...

Sorry folks for the long delay between postings, but for some reason I could not get into my
account from my daughters house in Austin, TX. I am now at the local Starbucks and starting
to get on with the blogging. I promise to update this blog every two or three days.No more delays.

I left Atlanta on the on November 20th, it's hard to separate the days, in fact it seems
like one very long weekend (what a great way to live).
I don't know how long it took us but when got to the Georgia, Louisiana border Bob needed a little break so I let him catch his breath before heading for Texas.

After another three days on the road Bob and I made it to the Louisiana, Texas border. I know what your thinking, "why did it take you three days to get to Texas"? And my answer to you, WHY NOT.

After about 5 or 6 more hours on the road we got to my daughters house in Austin.
Now I have to tell you, when I was in the Army (about 138 years ago) and stationed at Ft. Sam Houston, I said I would never come back to Texas
. Boy am I glad that little promise didn't hold up. Austin, Texas is not only beautiful and a great place to visit, according to my daughter and her family a great place to live. I was going to stay here for six month or so, but Stephanie (my daughter) said I had at the most 6 days.

See how happy my daughter and grandson are t see me.

OK...That's it for now folks I'm looking at the clock and it's time for my nap. So as soon as I can
I will be posting photos from around Austin and also form this great little Texas town name Lockhart where BBQ rules.

STAY TUNED....and thanks for keeping up.

Love you all,
Gary & Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment