Saturday, December 24, 2011

DON'T GET ELK-ED

The last thing my daughter Kathleen said to me before I left California headed for the Grand Canyon, was "Don't Get Elk-ed".

Now I know what she meant. These guy walk around here like they own the place. I guess you could say they do.
The Elk sometimes wonder around the visitor center, grazing on plants and trees. They are truly amazing to see, they make the Mule Deer that also live here look like Chihuahuas.

So my question to you is , why would you go to a national park and try to pet the elk. That's right people come here from all over the world and try to pet the elk. Well I'll tell you why they do it.
Because they're NUTS!!! I have seem them charge people. I just hope I don't see someone get hurt.

Well I have to go shopping down in Flagstaff, I can't afford the food in the store here at the Canyon. But before I go I will leave you with these two last shot that I took of the elk.

I know it looks like I'm very close, but don't worry, I'm using my 400mm lens.

Everybody please have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

And what ever you do, just remember. DON'T GET ELK-ED.










Bob and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment