Monday, December 19, 2011

I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD SEE IT IN THE WINTER


The Grand Canyon gets about 4.5 million visitors a year and I bet most of them never see it in the winter. So just let me say, If you visit the Grand Canyon every year or even every few year, do yourself a favor, go in the winter just once. There a a lot fewer people, the pace slows to a crawl, there is always a seat on the shuttle bus, and if your really lucky, you'll get snow.

As you can see from the photo above, there is no snow in the Canyon, but where I'm standing to take this photo there is plenty of snow. That's because I'm on the rim and that's about 7000 ft. above sea level (does the word mountain come to mind).


When the clouds start to break after a snow, the lighting on the canyon is spectacular. As a photographer I was like a kid in a candy store.

The moon come up long before the sun sets so you can shoot normal day shots.

Believe me when I tell you, it is very hard not to shoot the Canyon. The light is constantly changing and there are new formations at every turn, so if my photos start looking a little repetitious I hope you will forgive me.

Before I sign off, I just want to tell you that the Ravens are very large, very funny and very smart.
This guy kept posing for me hoping to get some food.I got a great shot of a Raven and he got no food from me ( PLEASE DON'T FEED THE WILDLIFE!!! ).


No comments:

Post a Comment